Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Getting Started

Over the past few years I have felt a need to state my opinion on certain issues that I feel important towards working towards a better Mississippi.  Some blog posts may be religious in nature, others political and some may simply be a passing on of information. 

In 1911, Senator LeRoy Percy of Mississippi stated in a letter, "If I can keep this small corner of the United States in which I reside, comparatively clean and decent in politics and fit for a man to live, and in such a condition that he may not be ashamed to pass it on to his children, I will have accomplished all that I set out to do.  A good deal has been written about 'shooting for the stars.'  I have never thought much of that kind of marksmanship....I rather think it is best to draw a bead on something that you have a chance to hit.  To keep any part of Mississippi clean and decent in these days, is a job that no man may deem too small."

That will be the purpose of this blog.  I hope you enjoy.